Personal and Possessive Pronouns
1. Personal and possessive pronouns
Subject personal pronouns : I , you , he. She , we , they
Object personal pronouns : me , you , him , her , it , us , them
Possessive pronouns : mine , yours , his , hers , ours , theirs
- We use pronouns to replace nouns and avoid repitition of the noun :
I want to introduce you to my friend , Kim Yao. She’s a student from Korea . (not Kim Yao’s a student )
- We use subject pronouns before verbs :
I only arrived last week
- We use object pronouns after verbs or prepositions :
I have had a few friends with me over the years .
- We use possessive pronouns to replace a possessive determiner and a noun :
I don’t have a phone here . Can I use yours ? ( = your phone )
- Its is not used as a possessive pronoun .